Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Import/link and export Image Sequence

It would be great to have the option to load image (udim) sequence into Substance Designer and be able to export a bitmap sequence from one Output node.

For those who sometimes like to use Substance Designer as an image editor rather than just a material maker.

I would happily give up on nuke or other compositing programs If I could apply all the fantastic functions in Substance Designer onto my texture image sequence at once.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bitmap Image resize

Currently when I import bitmap into my graph, the resizing happens with two options for stretching. Smooth stretch and Nearest stretch. If there is a way to preserve the image size but then fill rest of the pixels with a choice of gray scale values, it would help preserve the pixel proportions for non square image size input.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blender style unlink node with Ctrl+ stroke across the link

Blender nodes are quite convenient imo with wacom pen

.Shift+stroke across several links makes reroute dot node.

M to bypass node

Nodes being auto connecting

But main thing I miss in SD is an ability to quickly drop a link with just a stroke accorss it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow multiple instances of substance designer running at the same time

It would be great to be able to run multiple instances of Designer at (bonus: being able to copy / paste nodes between them)

e.g. I have a texture export running that takes 30 mins (many UDIMs) and at the same time I could open a second instance to continue to work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Toggle through / cycle / solo channels in 3d viewer

It would be great to have shortcuts in 3d viewer to toggle between different channels (like in Substance Painter), baseColor, metalness, roughness etc. to see what every channel is doing without any lighting / reflection etc., just flat color information.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Colour code exposed variable

In Substance designer would be cool if you can colour code exposed variables to easily see where they belong.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Repeat Last Command as a keyboard shortcut

Not sure if this is grouped under launcher.

Say I want to "align selected nodes vertically". Can I select then push say G or something to repeat the same previous function without having to click the button again

like the G of Maya

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Substance Graph as input to Splatter

In addition to choosing a Pattern in Shape Splatter, it would be amazing if you could choose a substance graph to Splatter.
    Exposed parameters on the substance graph could generate a Map pin on the splatter node, and 3 sliders: Amount, Random and Map multiplier.

This would be an incredible way to get far more randomness out of splatter

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Relative file link system.

Substance Designer has file link system based on absolute path. This is quite annoying sometimes. For instance, moving .SBS file from one PC to others, mesh mapping, etc.
    If SD allows user to use relative path, it will give users great experiences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. tiling in two directions independently in materials/edit

so we could test non square textures on default cube object without necessity to load custom geometry every time

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D View in SD: Backface Cull Toggle

Backface Cull Switch in Substance Designer. Without having to go in and manually modify the glsfx/glsl files, can you please add a switch in designer to enable/disable backface culling? This is especially needed for alpha planes.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. right click and UI

I like how pressing space bar in graph window allows for searching nodes immediately. It would be convenient if the same search be made available upon right clicking. Currently it gives Add Node option and it requires for me to move mouse to pick what I need. This would further align with other software in similar workflow such as DynamoBim. Just a thought.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inject EXIF/Metadata on Output nodes/images

Had that "Crazy" idea this morning... Why not create a node or a way that simply inject METADATA (EXIT) on output images... That way we could identify an image as a BaseColour, Normal, Height, Without caring about it's naming. And i could write a "smart" script on my 3D Software that reads metadata from image and auto-connect then to the correct slots on a PBR material...

Is this too crazy ? lol I just want to put the "bots" to work for me. Just checked and Substance Designer don't handle metadata... 

That could be crazy if it works !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to Disable windows Auto Dock on preferences (or per window)

Substance Designer.
    I always work with the 3D View floating and HUGE, and it's very ODD, everytime o move it around and it wants to dock everywhere into Substance Designer screen. It's amazing to have the Dock Option, but it's odd when you don't want it to dock. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Random Position on Both Axis (Tile Sampler)

Could we have a random position slider for both X and Y on each tile sampler?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Null and Texture Merge Nodes

For Substance Designer I think it great if there was as system like the objectMerge and null nodes in Houdini where you could output parts of your graph to null nodes and then use the 'objectMerge' style node to retrieve data from those without having to physically connect the node. Think this would be a great way to get of messy graphs connections and overall add less clutter. There could even be an option to see these connections but as dotted lines or something when using the highlight flow display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 150% UI scaling support

Running both Designer and Painter on a 4K 27" display isn't a great experience. The UI scaling choices are either 100%, which is super tiny, or 200%, which is too big. Could support for arbitrary scaling be added please? Ideally Designer/Painter/Alchemist would match whatever scaling Windows is set to. Photoshop does this, and it works really nicely.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pointer's Gamut check

Hello guys,
    I would love to see some sort of Pointer's Gamut check to make sure that albedo textures belong to real surface colors.
    It could be implemented in Legacy and when using ICC profiles as some kind of preview mode in the 2d view (like Esteban mentioned)?

Here is a link to an article about Pointer's gamut : https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pointers_gamut.htm

And a pdf to explain a bit the tool and its purpose.
    (sorry for double request, one for each software)

Thanks !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Ability to Create Arrays and Dictionaries in the Function Graphs

Currently, it is difficult to store information and get information that would normally get stored in an array or dictionary. I have created a tool that places objects along a bezier curve, and it would have made the creation easier if I could have stored the pascal triangle in a dictionary, finding the correct array of integers per number of bezier points.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Modulate Parameters on per Pixel Basis

As is, only very few, specified things work on a per pixel basis. I think being able to modulate any given parameter on a per pixel basis would give a huge amount of freedom, which is needed to create more complex materials.

For instance, the position random in the shape splatter can only be applied uniformly over the whole texture space. But if you want to have a gradient control the amount of position random, you can't do it.

I see substance designer as a texture synthesizer, and as much you need time based modulation in an audio synthsizer, you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base