Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. the parameter is not good ,I hope just like maya Parameter classification ,please dont take all the parameters in the same frame

the parameter is not good ,I hope just like maya Parameter classification ,please dont take all the parameters in the same frame

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shadows in 3D viewport

It would be great to have Open GL shadow rendering in viewport, same as substance painter/alchemist have. It gives us better representation of material than without it. It is cumbersome to switch between Open GL and Iray just to get better idea of shapes you are working on.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. custom shortcuts Substance designer

i would like to have the option for custom shortcuts for the Nodes in Designer it would be faster to work with. Most of the time you are using the same nodes over and over again. For example setting the B Key for the Blendnode and so on would speed up everything.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add more pattern inputs to Shape Splatter

Shape Splatter is limited to 8 inputs. Could this be improved please? I would ideally like to see a 16 inputs or more.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make tile U and tile V separatly in Substance Designer MAterial settings, like in Artomatix

it would help to see non-square tillable textures on a default cube

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Material Height Blend Mask

Material Height Blend would benefit from outputting a greyscale mask.to show where material A blends with material B. It's possible to work around this by duplicating the node and feeding it pure white and black, but it would be useful to have this built into the node itself.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to hide the link between two selected nodes

Like in Nuke, the ability to hide the links between selected distant nodes would be great to make graphs more clear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export with presets like Painter

There is no consistency across export dialogues, Painter has presets for exporting to Unity and other software with the right material conversion (e.g. Metalness maps with smoothness in the alpha channel) - currently these export options are missing from Alchemist and Designer when you want to export to bitmaps or individual textures.

It would be useful to have these export options for when you are exporting simply tiling textures (like for a terrain or large surface in a game engine).

My current workaround is to have a template Unity 5 Substance #Painter# project that I import the archived Designer or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Houdini's precision sliders

Would be great to have in Substance Designer more precise sliders like Houdini's ones.

For who doesn't know Houdini, there is possible to middle click in any slider and choose to slide the values 1 by 1, 0.1 by 0.1, 00.1 by 00.1 and so on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expose Filtering Parameter in Normal Transform

This is a special case, but, the built in Normal Transform node's Transformation 2D node doesn't have it's Filtering parameter exposed. Would be nice to have that as a default, rather than needing to work around it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D View: Rotation around / zoom on mouse cursor

Similar to Cinema 4D, or with a slightly option change in Maya, rotating/tumbling around objects can be done around a point of interest, in this case the mouse cursor location.

It is frustrating to try to rotate around / zoom from a point on an object in 3D space when the rotation origin is some arbitrary point in the scene. I'm guessing its 0,0,0 for Designer's 3D View all the time. Having that point of rotation / zoom be exactly where the mouse cursor is when the user 'alt+left/right clicks' clicks allows the user to more reliably navigate their object,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expose pattern transform matrix in the FX Quadrant node.

You have size, rotation and offset(position) available, but could you also just have the transform matrix itself exposed as a parameter so someone could add image skewing or some matrix math while iterating?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically choose color or grayscale node based on selected node

A feature to quickly speedup workflow would be for Designer to choose whether to create a color or grayscale version of a node based on the currently selected node.

i.e. I have a Perlin node selected (grayscale node) and I want to crop it. I hit tab and start to type 'crop'. Ideally hitting enter would produce a grayscale version of the crop node automatically since Designer should recognize I'm trying to manipulate a grayscale node. Crop (color version) wouldn't make sense in this case.

I'm guessing there would be cases where this feature wouldn't make sense due to ambiguity…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change multiple Frame Color parameters simultaneously

It's easier than having to click each frame and change their colors individually all to the same color.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maintain node graph view when switching node graphs

When switching between between node graphs in the Explorer panel, Designer will forget your last 'view' position in a graph. Returning back to a graph shows that the view has been reset to default, showing all of the nodes in the graph in a zoomed out view. Saving and showing the last view position would allow the user to quickly get back to work on the nodes they were looking at last. This is especially useful when frequently jumping between node graphs in Explorer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simple math in numerical parameter fields

Designer could greatly benefit from allowing numerical parameter fields to be subject to simple math manipulation.

i.e. If someone wanted to change Perlin Noise 'Scale' from default 32 to some multiple, they could just type 32 * 4 and hit Enter instead of having to mentally calculate the answer and type 128.

Other applications have this feature such as Cinema 4D and Houdini. It allows the user to maintain their speed while working without being slowed down by simple math.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow 3D, 2D view, & graph editor to zoom horizontal

Similar to other 3D packages like Maya and C4D, navigating the viewport with zoom can be done by holding Alt and right click dragging horizontally or vertically. Dragging up and right = zoom in. Down and left = zoom out. Designer only has up and down.

Adding horizontal zooming makes moving between software less jarring, especially for new Designer users.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expose Parameter as Input Values

Currently we have some exposing options. Use Export parameter window, or manually expose each items .

Since we have value processor, I like to have 'Expose as input values' menu as well as previous expose option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow smaller cloud node scales

I've encountered a number of graphs that use a Transform node after a Clouds (1/2/3) node to "zoom in" the clouds to achieve specific effects. Unfortunately, this creates the side effect of breaking tiling and requires other nodes to try to fix that.

Instead, it would be very helpful if the cloud nodes could have additional lower scales - the default Scale of 1 (and the minimum) is still fairly "medium density" in terms of detail. I'd like to see the same cloud effects, except 2x and 4x "zoomed in". In other words, the equivalent of a Scale 0.5 and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to run pixel processor on fx-map pattern

fx-map patterns cannot be processed anymore once they are provided to the fx-map. It would be very useful to be able to process them from inside the fx-map through a pixel processor. Code inside the pixel processor would have access to variables defined in the fx-map. A whole range of applications could be developed if such a feature was possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base