Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Colour coded node connection lines

It would be useful for scene organisation and readability if node connection lines could be assigned different colours. In complex graphs the number of connection lines can be considerable, and as it's now impossible to click on an output and highlight its path to the end (if dot nodes have been used) this can make following a line to its conclusion quite time consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi Colored Node links based of frame colour

If you create a frame around a few nodes and give it a color, whatever node come out of that frame, the grayscale links will inherit that color. So if you make your frame red, the links are also red. This would really help possibly make the spaghetti a lot easier to read. This would be a huge boost to readability with the new magnet feature you added recently.
    This applied to mainly Substance Designer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Houdini's precision sliders

Would be great to have in Substance Designer more precise sliders like Houdini's ones.

For who doesn't know Houdini, there is possible to middle click in any slider and choose to slide the values 1 by 1, 0.1 by 0.1, 00.1 by 00.1 and so on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3D View: Rotation around / zoom on mouse cursor

Similar to Cinema 4D, or with a slightly option change in Maya, rotating/tumbling around objects can be done around a point of interest, in this case the mouse cursor location.

It is frustrating to try to rotate around / zoom from a point on an object in 3D space when the rotation origin is some arbitrary point in the scene. I'm guessing its 0,0,0 for Designer's 3D View all the time. Having that point of rotation / zoom be exactly where the mouse cursor is when the user 'alt+left/right clicks' clicks allows the user to more reliably navigate their object,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expose Parameter as Input Values

Currently we have some exposing options. Use Export parameter window, or manually expose each items .

Since we have value processor, I like to have 'Expose as input values' menu as well as previous expose option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow smaller cloud node scales

I've encountered a number of graphs that use a Transform node after a Clouds (1/2/3) node to "zoom in" the clouds to achieve specific effects. Unfortunately, this creates the side effect of breaking tiling and requires other nodes to try to fix that.

Instead, it would be very helpful if the cloud nodes could have additional lower scales - the default Scale of 1 (and the minimum) is still fairly "medium density" in terms of detail. I'd like to see the same cloud effects, except 2x and 4x "zoomed in". In other words, the equivalent of a Scale 0.5 and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to run pixel processor on fx-map pattern

fx-map patterns cannot be processed anymore once they are provided to the fx-map. It would be very useful to be able to process them from inside the fx-map through a pixel processor. Code inside the pixel processor would have access to variables defined in the fx-map. A whole range of applications could be developed if such a feature was possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use fuzzy searching for node list

The current search algorithm seems like a basic substring search. Where your query must contain a single continuous substring of the name you want to match. For example "Flood" will match all the various Flood Fill nodes, but to match a specific node such as "Flood Fill to Position" you have to type "Flood Fill to P".

In many modern software applications a fuzzy searching algorithm is used. Where search results are sorted by the "distance" between two strings where the distance is determined by the number of characters that must be added/deleted/substituted to make a query string match a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. From To Links Helper

When the links are very long and do not fit into the viewport, it is not clear from which node they go. Add the name of the ParentNode and Child Node when you hover over the link.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quick export

So when texturing with designer I often make small changes and want to see them ingame, I dont want to turn auto export on and I dont want to open the export window and press the button everytime because I have to close it as it wont let me edit my graph with it open. can we have a hotkey to just export the current open graph textures

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search / Find Text in Comments and Frame Contents

It's great that Allegorithmic added the ability to search by text within nodes, but what also be helpful is to search text that's in comments and frames (and their descriptions).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Read/write open exr deep rasters

Please add ability to read deep rasters from EXR files. By now SD can only read color plane, ignoring everything else.

Also ability to export all outputs into deep rasters (and tool similar to psd export) would be helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Frame holding comments as well as pins

I'm using comments a lot, and I use Frame as much as those.
    But, when I move the frame, the comments stay at their position.

I have to select every nodes and comments in frame to move them in a time.
    I think that this is a weird thing. There is no advantage to use frame if I want to use comments.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete Node Only

If I drag in my substance graph, I will get the links and nodes. Then I press Delete key with the selection, every node and link are removed.

Sometimes that make things uncomfortable. What I only want to delete is the nodes, not the links.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lightweight Tablet Version

Development of a designer tablet version that is more lightweight to allow for reliable material or graph creation on the go. Restrictions on size of output as well as other means to allow for at least height map creation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an option in preferences to choose the default frame color

Add an option in preferences to choose the default frame color.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. blending mode

Permit to use Blending Mode Exposed Parameter in SBSAR, it is currently lock at the first state when exported as SBSAR, which prevent you to make a drop down list form it. For example, this could be use to make a multi blend node.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "No to All" when Opening File with Missing Dependencies

In a work setting it is very common to come across missing dependencies when opening someone else's file. In many cases I don't want to bother relocating a dozen missing references (we have our own proprietary tool to repath files automatically) so I end up having to click no to every single missing object.

A "no to all" option would be fantastic so I can close out of the file faster.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Supports the new DX10 / BCn (DX10/11) formats, Import and Export

I could open DX10 dds with Intel® Texture Works Plugin in Photoshop but had trouble with substance designer, and had to convert new DDS format to .png or .tiff

it would be great to direct import new dx10 format to Substance Designer

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve visibilty of crop controls

The crop controls in the 2D view for crop nodes are barely visible on very noisy textures like rocks. The controls are then very difficult to manipulate. Please let us scroll through different control patterns so we can use one that renders well for a given texture, in particular use one with larger borders, or dim the outside of the cropped area (like Photoshop is doing with the Crop tool).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base