Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Blend Node Mode in Icon and Add Node Function Icon

I have a couple of simple UI suggestions to increase readability of graphs which will help beginners and also more experienced users alike:

1 Display Blending mode in title of Blend node icon

2 Add a function icon marker to the top right of every node that uses a function. When clicked directly on this icon it should be able to open the function editor of that node (intercept with a pop up dialogue box to choose which function to open if there are more than one)

See Mock up Pictures in forum thread https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,35478.0.html

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Launcher fails to launch both Designer and Painter after update

I cannot use designer nor painter as of update and downgrading still fails to run from the launcher

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Substance Painter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have a way to link missing resources.

There are imported bitmaps that cannot find the file, even when "file path" is updated. There is a yellow caution icon near the missing dependencies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Particle System and Particle Creation

Substance Painter has a particle system that would be great to have access to in Substance Designer. I'd also love to see the ability to create .pkfx files directly within Substance Designer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

hard decline  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Functional samplers inside function for parameter

I would like to drive parameters in any node from an image, by creating a function for them and sampling an image inside the function, exposing a new input port for the image on the component, like an FX map would.

The sampler-component is accessible inside a function, but there is no way to input an image or get $pos to work with it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tile Generator: Add a Luminance Random Seed

When using duplicate Tile Generators, it would be useful (for creating color variants with gradient maps) to have a seed for the Luminance Random.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pixel Processor - Ability to sample and map pixels using two position inputs

I'm running into a limitation with the Pixel Processor node when it comes to mapping pixels from the input image based on position variables.

Effectively what I want to achieve is map pixels from one position value in the input image to another position value in the new image. Think of it as mapping pixels from two different UV coordinates.

It would be handy to have an optional second input for the Sampler nodes for the Pixel Processor to control how pixels are sampled and mapped from one location to another because at the moment, I can only get position…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vertex color node

Use mesh's vertex colors to drive some effects (like blending).
    Usually vertex color is used in engine in order to do dynamic material blending. It is currently hard to preview how your materials will blend together in substance right now because of the lack of vertex color input. This can be worked around by baking vertex color in a texture, but then you cannot preview your material blending on several different meshes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Double click pixel processor to dive inside.

Double click pixel processor to dive inside.
    Because it's faster, more convenient, and why not?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pixel Processor - Write to target pixel

Currently the Pixel Processor can only write to the current pixel using the data from the target pixel.

It would be useful to write to the target pixel instead, so a source pixel can be moved to the target for example.

The reason this has not already been implemented seems to be due to technical limitations, according to a post on the forums.

If a dev ever thinks of a solution for this, it would be wonderful to see it implemented.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Hotkeys, PIE menus, custom shelfs. General speed, workflow enhancements.

I have never found a 'edit hotkeys' menu. i use Histogram scan 300 times a day. sick of typing in node names always or searching in my fav bar. handy yes, but there are way faster ways to work.

i think designer really could use Pie menus. I use modo and they're crazy quick for accessing commands.

custom shelves would be nice too.
    Why not let us edit the spacebar popup for example. or let us create our own by dragging and dropping nodes we use all the time so we can have them pop up under out mouse. also,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adjust layer icon size

Simple little inclusion but, the ability to change the layer icon size. Similar to Photoshop. Would be of help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Paint across seams in 2D with tiling textures.

The ability to paint a projection texture in 2D across uv seams like you can in 3D. Currently projecting a tiling texture in UV space will recreate seams rather if you paint it across UV shells.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Bevel in right clic

Add Bevel in right clic
    Title is quite self explanative :
    Faster way to add bevel node in the graph.
    Thank

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. TS normal to OS normal and OS normal to TS normal

It would be cool to have node that will convert tangent space normal to object space normal. and node that will convert object space normal to tangent space.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to configure Base Output Size when publishing SBSAR

A lot of the time, I am developing substances with the output size set to Parent x 3 or 4, so I have a nice big resolution.

However, when I publish SBSAR file, it's usually a good idea to set the Parent Size back to Parent x 1.

It would be nice if you could specify the Base Output Size in the SBSAR publish dialog, so you could publish the SBSAR with Parent x 1, and you wouldn't have to constantly switch back and forth when you are working on a substance at Parent x 4.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to choose images for Input Images, to preview the look of a reusable graph

For instance when you are creating a material graph to be later reused, when creating you need to see it with proper inputs like AO and Curvature maps.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve PSD exporter

• Masks
      Their behavior is not correct
      Currently only nodes with alpha are exported as layers with a mask.
      The problem is that a layer exported this way will have transparent pixels (i.e. opaque pixels from the source node will be deleted) that will match the mask.
      This makes masks useless, thus making the export function more destructive than it should be.
      Now, a layer in Photoshop may actually contain transparent pixels, and have a mask as well. For this reason the best way to export a mask should be the ability to assign an arbitrary grayscale node to a mask…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Substance Painter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base