Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'continue' for FX map

While I'm working with FX map, I usually put 0 on color.
    to use this method, everything should be calculated in color section. Of course we do this a lot of time.
    But, if there is a system node, or function that allow us to use 'continue' token as well as usual programming, the work will be much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would really like to see nodes in Substance Designer to help in creating texture atlases.

Currently when I create my substances I have to render the images and make my atlases buy hand. It would be really great if I could create my atlas right in Designer.

What is needed is some way of designing an area on an image to tile as if its the edge of the image so that any noise etc you plug into it would still tile on any quad UV to that area.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Travis

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. impact/collision map baking

If you bake the height map from a collision box on the low mesh, you can isolate the impact areas of an object. you can combine the curve map and this impact map for micro wear.

But we need a tool to generate a collision box (like unreal engine)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Work on isolated object like screws/bolts and then move/place them on the main texture

Currently its like working on the whole map isolating the rest of the areas using mask. I would like to create a small object like screws regardless of position, the final output can then use to move transform to place it wherever needed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base