Export Displaced Mesh
It'd be great to have an option to export the displaced mesh exactly the way it looks in the 3D viewport (or with translation for iRay view as those always differ).
Use Cases: A quicker path to a 3D print.
Especially when you're designing real world materials it would be great to have a tangible example when getting a render signed off on. Or just to quickly create prop pieces or stamping tools for specialty costumers.
Substance Designer Path:
1. Mesh goes into Substance Designer
2. Deformation is dialled in
3. Export to OBJ
1. Export Height Map
2. Apply as displacement map
3. Tweak height map with levels and curves
4. Export height map again because levels and curves wasn't enough
5. Test Render
6. Adjust Displacement Depth
7. Bake displacement to Mesh
8. Cook fancy dinner while waiting
9. Export Mesh to OBJ
10. Consume said dinner
11. Import OBJ to printer software
i saw in one of their recent videos that this is now possible! Cant figure out how to do it though :-/
Michael Milette commented
This would be very useful for a AAA workflow when prototyping!
+1 to this
This would be extremely useful for several situations in which displacement settings differ from those in substance.
I'd really like to see an export option in the edit panel.