Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. OpengCL and AMD Pro Render support

Substance has support for NVidia gfx ards and also IRay. Substance should support OpenCL and Implements Pro Render so AMD gfx users can use their gpu compute power with Painter and Designer.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save UI interface option

It would be very useful to be able to save your interface layouts. I move around my screens quite often depending on what I am doing and to rearrange my UI constantly is a pain.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Substance Painter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PBR Render node: add more models (at least a cube)

The PBR Render node is getting more features and it's incredibly useful to get good renders easily, but it still has a lot of shortcomings.

Aside from sphere and plane, there are no options for other models.

A cube (rounded or not) would cover a lot of scenarios.

(it would also be nice to get a cleaner image - right now there are a lot of artifacts caused by reflections I suppose)

(it would also be nice to have a mask of the DOF to be used for image editing - ie adding clarity)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support for next generation image formats

It is time to integrate some new formats that are getting more and more popular across many ranges of platforms and are also easier for handling and transporting HDR content.

I would like to see support for JPEG XL, AVIF and HEIF/HEIC

There should at least be some import features for AVIF & HEIF
    I personally root for JPEG XL which I think will finally become the new standard because its packed with a lot of advantages over everything else and does not need a lot more power to compute.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Epson Printer Support Services USA

We are expertise in<a href="https://www.printeronsitesupport.us/epson-printer-support/"> Epson printer.</a> To be more specific, we have a remarkable mile stones in epson printer services. Our Services includes both On site and as well as Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) as per the customer requirements which includes individuals and as well as the corporate clients.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can we fix the Material system in substance Designer?

the material system seems a little broken in substance, especially when switching between nested reference graphs, as the material in the 3D view constantly wants to update to show whichever network im looking at, but I'm usually looking at sub-graphs that have blank textures, and the cached full substance shader gets lost and has to be reevaluated when I go back to the main graph. The material settings also get reset, meaning I have to go back to the scale of the displacement in the settings and set them back to the values they were set to.

Can we not…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import/link and export Image Sequence

It would be great to have the option to load image (udim) sequence into Substance Designer and be able to export a bitmap sequence from one Output node.

For those who sometimes like to use Substance Designer as an image editor rather than just a material maker.

I would happily give up on nuke or other compositing programs If I could apply all the fantastic functions in Substance Designer onto my texture image sequence at once.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gradient Map Parameters

Ability to either expose the colors used within the gradient map or ability to connect uniform color nodes to the gradient map along with the grayscale input, similar to how Tile Sampler or Tile Generator can have multiple pattern inputs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display Blend Node Mode in Icon and Add Node Function Icon

I have a couple of simple UI suggestions to increase readability of graphs which will help beginners and also more experienced users alike:

1 Display Blending mode in title of Blend node icon

2 Add a function icon marker to the top right of every node that uses a function. When clicked directly on this icon it should be able to open the function editor of that node (intercept with a pop up dialogue box to choose which function to open if there are more than one)

See Mock up Pictures in forum thread https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,35478.0.html

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Texture export does not detect write protected files

When texture files are locked by a versioning software like Perforce they cannot be overwritten. But even so Substance Designer reports "Export done" as if they were successfully overwritten. Would be better with a proper warning that the files were locked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Format XML for better VCS/Git use

Substance designer stores its SBS files in an XML format. But it's all one long unbroken line. If you store the SBS files in version control (e.g. Git) it makes diffs pretty useless. But if it just had some line breaks/indentation (pretty printing on XML export) it would be much easier to see what had been changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. image following a curve path

Substance Designer does not have the function of image following a curve path, these functions are often used, but Substance Designer does not have these functions

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Random Position on Both Axis (Tile Sampler)

Could we have a random position slider for both X and Y on each tile sampler?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Null and Texture Merge Nodes

For Substance Designer I think it great if there was as system like the objectMerge and null nodes in Houdini where you could output parts of your graph to null nodes and then use the 'objectMerge' style node to retrieve data from those without having to physically connect the node. Think this would be a great way to get of messy graphs connections and overall add less clutter. There could even be an option to see these connections but as dotted lines or something when using the highlight flow display.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. liquefaction/deformation path

Can you set the liquefaction/deformation path for the liquefaction/deformation texture? These paths can easily handle some complex effects. Now it is too troublesome to do liquefaction/deformation. A lot of deformation nodes are set, which wastes a lot of time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A large number of random curves with freely set radians cannot be generated

A large number of random curves with freely set radians cannot be generated, and all nodes can only generate straight lines or chaotic lines. Without a large number of randomly curved curves, it is difficult to simulate the effect of the real world

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for Matrix3*3, 4*4, quaterion.

Pixel processor allows user to make filters with rendering technique. However Substance does not support matrix 33 and 44 at substance graph area. (Not MDL).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bitmap Image resize

Currently when I import bitmap into my graph, the resizing happens with two options for stretching. Smooth stretch and Nearest stretch. If there is a way to preserve the image size but then fill rest of the pixels with a choice of gray scale values, it would help preserve the pixel proportions for non square image size input.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blender style unlink node with Ctrl+ stroke across the link

Blender nodes are quite convenient imo with wacom pen

.Shift+stroke across several links makes reroute dot node.

M to bypass node

Nodes being auto connecting

But main thing I miss in SD is an ability to quickly drop a link with just a stroke accorss it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow multiple instances of substance designer running at the same time

It would be great to be able to run multiple instances of Designer at (bonus: being able to copy / paste nodes between them)

e.g. I have a texture export running that takes 30 mins (many UDIMs) and at the same time I could open a second instance to continue to work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base