Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Copy nodes between versions of Designer

please make a way to open new substances in the old as preview or copy nodes especially if there are no new nodes. I currently am using both 5.6 and 6 and it is a nightmare

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A bridge to work seamlessly between substance pack

Like that of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
    or Davinci Resolve and Fusion

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bevel edge material

Coming from archviz I found very useful the option on a material to bevel hard edges without going through the high/low poly baking process like in vray
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAYA/Round+Edges

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Node based baker & Profiled baker

Node-based baker:
    if I can make a graph that is going to control how my mesh is baked. I can use it for all my meshes with personalized control over all the baking parameters. So I plug in the lowpoly, I plug in the highpoly. I choose to bake these textures with these settings. And I can add another output or parameter on the fly to further improve the automation of the work. When I go to my next mesh, use same setting, but all maps are downsized to 512x512. Off we go.

Profiled Baker
    if I have one setting…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bake alternate UV data to additional texture maps

Being able to bake additional UV channels into a texture that can be used to generate flow maps, uv texture maps and other methods of distorting a texture to fit a UV map of a mesh. For a detailed description of a different use of this, read: http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2011/gdc2011grimesnonstandardtextures.pdf

They go into the shader side implementation of these ideas, but some do apply to Substance rendering too. It has similarities to Tri-Planar shading, where other data is used to map textures to a mesh.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Work on isolated object like screws/bolts and then move/place them on the main texture

Currently its like working on the whole map isolating the rest of the areas using mask. I would like to create a small object like screws regardless of position, the final output can then use to move transform to place it wherever needed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need more info  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Radial menu for most used nodes

The space key drop-down menu, of course, is good, but why not create a quick selection menu in which you can put any node, for example, levels. It is inconvenient for me every time to enter this word in a search engine or to get into a small icon on a tool shelf.
    Like this: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/AzYdy

Allegorithmic, Just DO IT! Make our dreams come true!

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base