Substance Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Read/write open exr deep rasters

Please add ability to read deep rasters from EXR files. By now SD can only read color plane, ignoring everything else.

Also ability to export all outputs into deep rasters (and tool similar to psd export) would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. draped sphere scene for fabric dev

Would it be possible to add another scene in Designer similar to the draped sphere that you have in Substance Source for fabric? It would be very helpful when developing materials for soft surfaces like fabric. Thank you!!!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colors Frames for Input Tewaks

Hello! When there are a lot of parameters, it is difficult to visually distinguish which group it belongs to. I would like to divide by color groups of parameters.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gradient Map

More variations of interpolations for gradients. Like those found inside cineam4d's gradient shader

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Place Panorama Shapes by clicking on a surface in the 3D view.

It would be nice to be able to place the center of a Panorama Shape by clicking on a surface in the 3D view via bouncing raycast.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog (low priority)  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tile Generator node

When you input a custom pattern into a Tile Generator it should automatically use that pattern instead of you having to change it in the settings after cr4eating a pattern

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make 'Set as Primary Input' Larger

Come on. It's too small.

Make it as big as 'Output(s) computation' button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Keep aspect ratio" button for any attribute of Width and Height

Hi,
    it should be a button implemented everywhere for Width and Height slider, to enable or disable "maintain aspect ratio".
    Most attributes need proportional scale and it takes a lot time, always to adjust both sliders.
    Furthermore, if you want a quick comparison "before-after", you never can see it, because either the viewer has already updated.
    Watch here:
    https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,26785.0.html
    OR
    you have to wait unnecessary minutes, for example when you change in absolute values the output size of your material.
    I had the situation, that I needed to wait 3 minutes after sliding from 256px to 4096px in Width, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 'continue' for FX map

While I'm working with FX map, I usually put 0 on color.
    to use this method, everything should be calculated in color section. Of course we do this a lot of time.
    But, if there is a system node, or function that allow us to use 'continue' token as well as usual programming, the work will be much easier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quad Transform node where you add as much points as you want.

The idea is to have more advanced and more than 4 point-based transformation.

Name Suggestion: "QuadX2" because the number of the points are multiplies of 2 (4,8,16...) those points are equally distributed on the edge coordinates of a 1x1 square.
    I did a little mockup down below, check it out and please let me know if this would be useful to you ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy Graph

The ability to right click or select a graph in a package in the Explorer window, and copy it while conforming to a numbered naming convention. Similar to ctl+d in maya. (ie: a copy of 'WallShape01' would be 'WallShape02')

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lightweight Tablet Version

Development of a designer tablet version that is more lightweight to allow for reliable material or graph creation on the go. Restrictions on size of output as well as other means to allow for at least height map creation.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option in preferences to choose the default frame color

Add an option in preferences to choose the default frame color.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move the Normal Map Baker to the top of the list

In a few of the other Baker types (Ambient Occlusion, ect) there's an option for designating a Previous Baker for the normal map detail slot. This functions based on the order/stack of your Bakers, so if you were to pick your bakers alphabetically like the list is set presently, you'll never see your Normal Map baker listed. Once you know how the system works, this isn't a big issue. However from a first-time-user-perspective, its a feature that may go unused with the way its currently presented.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bake Range for UDIM

It would be cool to have the ability to set an exact range of UDIMs to bake maps for. At the moment it is either bake All maps, or bake one specific UDIM. I was thinking about a custom range field where you could enter comma and dash separated ranges of UDIMs to bake. When I have assets with about 100 or more UDIMs and I want to rebake only a portion of it, the current limitations are annoying.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. blending mode

Permit to use Blending Mode Exposed Parameter in SBSAR, it is currently lock at the first state when exported as SBSAR, which prevent you to make a drop down list form it. For example, this could be use to make a multi blend node.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add "No to All" when Opening File with Missing Dependencies

In a work setting it is very common to come across missing dependencies when opening someone else's file. In many cases I don't want to bother relocating a dozen missing references (we have our own proprietary tool to repath files automatically) so I end up having to click no to every single missing object.

A "no to all" option would be fantastic so I can close out of the file faster.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Supports the new DX10 / BCn (DX10/11) formats, Import and Export

I could open DX10 dds with Intel® Texture Works Plugin in Photoshop but had trouble with substance designer, and had to convert new DDS format to .png or .tiff

it would be great to direct import new dx10 format to Substance Designer

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3dsmax 2019 OSL Support Substances like Unreal

Now 3dsmax 2019 has OSL support. OSL can possibly be used to support more advanced features of substances than currently are with the 3dsmax intergration? For example curvature maps that are build in an OSL shader could detect edges or have build in dirt AO maps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transmitter & Receiver Node

A readable graph is an efficient graph.
    However due to the nature of things you almost always have 'send' data to other corners of the graph resulting in spaghettis unless you spend time and effort cleaning the graph flow.

Katana has a nice system of 'Transmitter' and 'Receiver' Nodes.
    Basically you attach a Transmitter Node on one Node and create a 'Receiver' Node in another corner. On the Dropdown Options of the Receiver you can choose any 'Transmitter' in your graph and internally there is a hidden connection created.

Voila. You can share stuff all over the graph without criss-crossing…

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base