Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Ctrl+Click an area of UV map to auto focus layer

Like in Photoshop, if you Ctrl+click a small item within the image, you are taken to that specific layer.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Freeze a layer/group - Toggle

When working in music production, when there are a multitude of effects, the file gets hard to work with, so they created the ability to "freeze" any tracks that had all of these effects, so the app wasn't continuously having to process the effects if you were working around those areas. There is an option to unfreeze as needed to make it "live" again. Maybe this could be something like a dynamic merge or similar to a smart object in photoshop?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Source rotation to Warp filter

At this moment Warp has few options in Source parameters. Source tiling is very useful but I'd like to have Source rotation as well.
    Because sometimes i use procedurals or grunges as my custom input an there is no way to rotate them, for example Crystal or Directional. As a workaround I use empty layer and i link its mask content to cutom warp noise as an Anchor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. substance painter, closing when opening, opening logo appears and closes I couldn't find why please help

substance painter, closing when opening, opening logo appears and closes I couldn't find why please help

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Marking-menu editor

I'd like customizeable Marking-Menu Editors [Like in Maya] where I can fill them with favorite brushes [or other things, cuz it should be customizeable]. Then I can just press a special combo [space + RClick], pick or swipe to my favorite brush, and boom.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hotkeys for Shelf

I'd like Hotkeys assigned to the different tabs in the shelf. One for Brushes, Alphas, Materials, Smart Materials, Smart masks.. whatever. And I'd like it to also be a pop-up window in the middle of the viewport, much like the right-click pops up the Painting window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add unconstrained transform for Projected picture (like in Mari)

Moving your cursor over the picture's edge will allow to stretch the picture in/out/up/down. Sometimes UVs are slightly stretched and this would help a lot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dragging a texture into Layer panel would automatically create a Fill Layer

Dragging a texture into Layer panel would automatically create a Fill Layer with said texture.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visualize Bake Settings with Rays pointing in and out of Surface

It would be nice to visualize the settings in real time by producing rays that extrude from each vertex (or a portion of them when dealing with large vertex count, or even just a few you can personally select on the surface) along the surface of the object. It would also make the settings and normalization parameters easy to get an intuitive feel for if they were projected out of the surface using simple lines to display min max distance (etc...). Yes, some of these values are incredibly low and probably beyond what can be consistently rendered with floating point…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Projection tool to/from external editor (Substance Painter)

Something that works similarly to the projection tool of Blender or the Zapplink tool of Zbrush: position the model the way you want and open the canvas in an external editor, whether it is Photoshop or anything else.

You can select the channel to be opened in the editor with the drop-down list in the upper right corner of the 3D view (Base Color, Roughness etc). Then whatever you painted in the editor will be projected on a regular layer (and on its corresponding channel) once you're back in Substance Painter.

I understand that Substance Painter has its own set…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow typing into text and numerical fields while NOT hovering over them.

For some reason you are not able to type into a field unless you are hovering over it. This even extends to the python console. Why on earth is this a thing? I don't know of any other program that would do this and its honestly frustrating and unhelpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a channel view mode of Basecolor + Alpha combined

Right now we have channel views for Basecolour, Roughness, Normal, Mask, AO etc. But it would be great to have one for Basecolour+Alpha, be it alpha-blended or clip.

It would make hand painted workflows much better in Painter.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save UI settings

This is one of the things I dont get in SP, the Ui (Window sizes) resets everytime I start a new project, we need either a preset or some sort of a system to keep the UI elements positions after restart of SP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Proper gradient tool for easy workflow

For example, I can't texture my character in Substance Painter that way - nor Substance nor Unreal Engine support this! The only option - bake maps inside Blender!

What I mean, is that I just can't do smooth gradients with 4-5 colors, which have different positions, and especially if I want to place gradients precisely around model, or lots of gradients with masks, but with lots of transitions (visible-not visible-visible etc - on ONE mask).

Also, It's not a user-friendly to position gradient based on "Position" map. It often gives me wrong direction of gradient or is generally slow to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. bent normal baking in painter

For instance as an export map under output templates.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ghost view of high poly object over scene

There are many reasons the high poly mesh sometimes don't superimpose position or scale of the low poly and seeing them both over each other would help a lot. Even a numeric mismatch warning like: "high-poly object size mismatch 55%" would help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Object scale value for USDZ and glTF on export from Painter please

USDZ or glTF export sometimes got the wrong scale. It's a paint to rescale the base medel and get painter to redo the paint strokes on the rescaled model plus you need to rescale low and high lopy in order to be able to rebake again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. decal mirroring. symmetrical planar projections

The issue ....
    Placing decals on vehicles is a pain because we have to do it twice. If i place a decal on a wing I want it automatically placed on the opposite wing as well. While i can projection paint with symmetry, I can't use the decal tool with symmetry

The solution
    Add the option for symmetrical planar projections. With this feature any planar projection is automatically duplicated and mirrored across the centerline . included should be an option to flip the UVs on the symmetrical projection to fix mirrored text.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. change back the texture export menus.

the older menus were better before 2020.1(6.10)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cylindrical Projection

Add a cylindrical projection that works like tri-planar to the Fill option.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base