Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Edit a baked map in a new tab

Edit a baked map in a new tab, like smart layer in photoshop! So we can correct it and make change in easy way.

To going further, I see this: Each baked map will be a small project with one channel that you can tweak and work on it. When you redo a baking of this map it will ask you if you prefer to create a new layer on the top with the new one or overwrite all.

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintain FBX animation data in glTF workflow

Maintain FBX animation data in your glTF workflow instead of losing it. This would provide a one stop output instead of having to rebuild the FBX file in Blender for final glTF output. Currently, if you have any animation data in your fBX file, it's stripped out on the glTF export from Painter. You then have to reattach the textures from Substance Painter (in Blender or by coding) to get a complete output with the animation data.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to change Blend Modes in Texture Set Settings

Every time I need to change blend modes for separate channels I need to:

-Change the drop-down menu in Layers
    -Then go to the layer
    -and then change the opacity, blend type, within the layer
    -but If I have to change the setting in another chanel type...
    -I have to go back and do it all over again

Is there perhaps a way we can have this functionality within the Texture Set Settings? There is a lot of space there. An opacity slider and what blend type is being used.

Thanks Allegorithmic!

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bridge with Affinity Photo

Make a bridge/link like the one with photoshop, but with Affinity Photo. Send the channels to Affinity Photo to make adjustments and go back to Substance Painter with the changes.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opacity Map baking in Painter

Right now in order to bake an Opacity map you must bake it in Designer, then export the map into Painter.

It would be helpful to have access to the same Opacity baking capabilities inside Painter itself.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. synced viewport channels and material channels

Lets say i want to cycle through the channels on the viewport, but it would also be nice to have them sync with the layer channels so i would be able to paint straight on the channel im looking on the viewport.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color wheel with other color modes

Similar to what MODO has for their color wheel. SO USEFUL to see complimentary colors, Analogous colors. you can really add a lot to your textures by seeing these colors defined.

http://blog.anastasiy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Plate_smaller81.jpg

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OCIO LUT support for viewport

it would be nice if Substance Products would have OpenColor IO color management support. Beeing able to judge your textures against a specific LUT would be really helpful

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. blur effect whole layer using geometry as base. Blur should not cause seams.

It would be cool to have ability to blur effect whole layer using geometry as base. Blur should not cause seams.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option for enabling/disabling backface culling

Add the option for enabling/disabling backface culling when painting in the 3D view

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stencil invert

I would like to request the ability to invert the stencil. (not the brush color). Right now i have duplicate the maps and invert them in another package.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New UI for layers tab

Hi!
    I'm working with SP2 in job quite often. Before I moved to Painter I've used Quixel Suite. In SP2 there are things that could be improved, especially UI for layer tab.

I bet that I'm not only one who don't like it but It's kind of paintfull to move between Albedo, Metalness, Roughness etc. just to change slightly the value of layer opacity or blending. It would be much better if everthing are visible directly on specific layer like on file attached to that post. Just fast photoshoped example with info.

Hope you like it

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A Hotkey To Turn Stencils On and Off

Presently, the painting tools do not allow for the user to turn off the currently selected stencil without removing it from painting tool option.

For the sake of speed and the ability to go back and forth, It would be nice to have a simple hotkey to turn it on and off without having to remove the selected resource from the stencil option.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export screen to PSD

Capture and export the screen (either at screen resolution, or higher) to Photoshop for editing. Mudbox has this feature, and aside from being useful for projection painting (since you use Photoshop's entire tool set, such as its warping tools ), it's an easy way to fix seams. The affected area is captured, then cleaned up in PS using the heal brush or clone stamp. Once the document is saved, Mudbox re-projects. I'd even settle for this working in just the solo view modes. Here's Mudbox as an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxoGn1qPhYA Thanks for reading.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Polygon fill erase

Need possibility to erase by polygons, meshes and uv shells.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mirror Clone Symmetry Support

I would like to clone as a mirror. This way if I paint something and forget to have symmetry on, I can always paint that element back into the design by using a clone brush and the symmetry tool.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Node system for layer composition

Node system for layer composition (the same node system of substance designer BUT for layer composition) for better visualization and keep more organized

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to orbit around the center of the viewport, not where the mouse is on the model

I'm used to Blender and the current scene navigation in Substance Painter feels like it's fighting back against me whenever I try to navigate the view. Blender works by having an imaginary point in the scene which is always in the center of the screen. Orbiting will orbit around that point, and panning moves that point in the scene. It's much easier to control like that and feels more natural for Blender users, so please add the option.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pressing C Should Also Cycle the Layer Stack's Channel

There should be an option in the settings somewhere to enable the layer channels to cycle with the viewport texture channel cycling.

Basically, if I press C to view Metallic in the viewport, my layer tab should also switch to Metallic for quick modifications.

This would have an added benefit of essentially being a hotkey to cycle through layer channels instead of having to go up to the dropdown menu (which I find is fidgety sometimes when SP is in the middle of a calculation).

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. blending modes for brush.

blending modes for brush. Multiply, Screen, Overlay etc. It would be cool to have this feature.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base