Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Export Render to texture from 2D view(Combinde texture as complete map)

Export complete texture map by 2D view.
    Be able to setting up to custom render texture size and bake output with custom export path.

Some idea suggest to bake complete map function menu in to export all channel menu.
    Korean almost graphic user working for mobile game ... It is really need for mobile game graphics workflow.

125 votes
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a text tool

Add a "Text" tool that allows the user to add text in its texture (2D or 3D view) using a custom font.
    You should also have the possibility to manipulate it (move/rotate/scale).

112 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Symmetry center based on object pivot point.

The symmetry system don't work properly when I'm using multiple meshs to bake each part separately. When I am exporting all separate objects together, the Substance Painter create a bounding box covering all objects, but it would be better if the symmetry center was based on a pivot point from one of the separated objects (having the ability to choose which object).

90 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. uv unwrapping within painter

Hi! It would be great to have a UV unwrapping sytem inside Painter.
    This way you could work the whole time inside of SP and not jumping from your 3D app to SP.
    Thanks for listening!

87 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Handpaint textures!!!!!

I love so hard substance painter BUT....still have problems to do handpaint textures like world of warcraft....
    The brushes do not behave like in Photoshop or 3Dcoat ....could you guys develop a solution to be more friendly to textures stylized cartoon?

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve readability of layer stack by indentation and colorization

Added indentations of child layers and folders and additional colorization of a folder and its children should help improving the readability of layer stacks.
    Please see this thread for more detailed information:
    https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=2935.msg13621#msg13621

60 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to use the "down and up arrow key" to change the "blending mode" in "Layers Panel"

There are times where I'm looking for the right blending mode in the for a layer. I find it that you have to click the blending mode button every time, rather than just using the down or up arrow keys.

Doing this will save uneccessary clicks.

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Brush opacity control = better painting with pressure sensitivy

Currently there is no opacity control via stylus pressure. There is only flow setting (which is not stroke opacity, as it controls the accumulative flow of the paint). Paint "dab" is added to previous "dab" regardless of stylus pressure, making it impossible to easily blend colors with pressure sensitivity.

Solution would be to add a new variable "opacity" which could be linked to stylus pressure and a way to turn off paint accumulation. This brush mode combines all of the paint dabs inside single continuous stroke so that hardest pressure pixels replace the lower pressure pixels instead of adding to…

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export layers to separate files

Layers, not just final channels

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Instanced Layers, Masks, Effects, etc. for INSTANCED SMART MATERIALS

Sometimes for a UDIM Workaround, multiple texture sets have identical fill layers, smart materials, masks or effects. For better iteration, it would be great to ALSO have the ability to INSTANCE instead of JUST COPYING. For instance, I would love to be able to change parameters of a single fill layer, generator or effects and have them automatically be exactly the same in all other texture sets where I instanced that fill layer, generator or effects. This would be great for all elements that compose the layer stack. So that we can have INSTANCED SMART MATERIALS for FAST ITERATION.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. manual move symmetry plane

the characters or objects i work on at work are almost NEVER symmetrical. maybe the head would be and nothing else. i have to then paint each side of the face manually. this is a HUGE pain, PLEASE let us manually move the symmetry plane. 3dcoat has great options for this. just let us move the symmetry plane. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto Save

This is a MUST HAVE feature for those of us who paint all day without saving sometimes. Hey it happens. I can be away from my computer and something happens while I am gone

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change the name of the material inside of painter without reimporting the mesh

As an outsource partner i run into this a lot, I get files that have to be integrated and the material name isn't always what it is supposed to be, and sometimes the material name changes in the middle of the texturing process which causes me to spend a couple of hours manually renaming tifs, psd, etc, and at that point reimporting the mesh with the proper material name is just not possible.

SO! my suggestion is that you are able to change the material name inside of painter without reimporting the mesh. this would allow tifs psd etc. to…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export the mesh from an SPP file

The idea of putting everything needed into one single SPP file is great for exchanging painter projects.

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to export the mesh from an SPP project to get it back into the 3D application without having to bundle the corresponding 3D mesh separately.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Toggle for Perspective/Orthographic View

This has already been posted on the forums, but I'll post it here too as I find this important.

Having orthographic view while for example using alphas for adding details would be essential. This would minimize the distortion in many cases and could help on regular painting as well.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save thumbnails (so we don't have to regenerating them every time) + Save shelf layout

Everytime I get in SP I have to see how the thumbnails for the materials and smart materials get re-processed. That sucks specially when you have a lot of them (like having the Database), not even considering all the ram it consumes. Would it be possible to save the actual thumbnails once and not changing them unless the material gets updated?

Also, the layout inside of the shelf doesn't get saved.

Thanks!!!!! :D

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Vray and Arnold Shader

Vray and Arnold Shader: This would facilitate the workflow a lot.

Because the export of the textures and replace in Arnold or VRay needs a lot of adjustments in the shader itself.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. delete textures from textures tab

I'm not sure if i'm missing anything but i cant for the life of me find a way to delete textures i'm not using anymore in substance. I tried the Clean command, that did a little cleaning, i still have left over stuff.

i just wanna press Delete or RMB (remove)

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tessellation shader for the viewport

It's kind of annoying having to export your maps to visualize how your height maps will look with parallax or tessellation, and it'd be amazing to have this kind of feature in the editor like Designer has

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base