More control for brush movement.
More control for brush movement. The most desired feature is brush, that keeps stroke direction and rotates the alfa accordingly. For example - welding. In zbrush it is easy to set step for alfa and get desired result, also alfa follows the stroke accorgingly.
I think it is also important to make a distinction about brush movement options.
There are actually two possible tools, both of which should be included:
1) Rotate the alpha according to stroke direction, repeating it according to the Spacing option.
2) Trail Brush: deform a tileable alpha along the path.
This alpha shoud also be:
- or Stretched along the path
- or Repeated whenever the path reaches the brush size
It should also include the option to add a start and end alpha,
to get shapes like arrows, and so on.
DragRect in ZBrush is so useful for alpha placement; would be great to see something similar to it in Painter. A lazy mouse feature would also be great...
This is absolutely needed.
Also, speacking about brush control, it would be great to have the option to place a single stroke as zbrush does.
The single stroke basically works this way:
- click and keep dragging to scale and rotate your alpha, and release when satisfied.
This allows for very precise alignment of cool alpha brushes.
would be super usefull for things like stitches on clothes. I tried to come up with a work around but was unsuccessfull. I'd love to see an addition to the brush system that alligns the brush alpha/tool to the stroke direction.