Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. 46 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Python API > Access to layers

Extending the Python API by getting access to layer operations like:

• Creating, renaming, deleting layers

• Reordering of layers

• Assigning resources to layers

• Editing layer properties (Blend modes, channels, opacity, etc.)

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable brush strokes recording

We all know that SPainter is made this way to provide a non-destructive workflow, so we can change the model, uv, materials and it will reproject/recalculate stuff for us.

BUT...

Its about years people asking fixes that enable us to make handpainted textures.
    The new brushes are amazing and feels good to use. But if we use for a long time, the app starts to slow down and the file becomes HUGE.

My suggestion:
    Just a button to "not record brush strokes in the current session/project".

The file will not be huge when we paint.
    The app will not slow…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exchange 2010 Deleted Mailbox Recovery

Simply assign the Exchange 2010 deleted mailbox recovery by using SysInspire EDB to PST free software. That software can retrieve unlimited elements or mailbox and if the user desires to recover the database selectively they can collect it by utilizing the check and un-check feature of this software. You can download that software from the official website of SysInspire.

For More Info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/exchange-mailbox-recovery.html

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Render in iray with wireframe as per Marmoset

It would save a lot of time to be able to save out a render with wireframe for portfolio and technical presentation without having to import it as a mask. If it is on in the viewport it should appear in the render. If it is off in the viewport it should be off in the render.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow UV tiles (UDIM tiles) to be renamed

With the new Substance Painter UDIM workflow, UV Tiles appear in the Texture Set List with their standard sequential numeric values (1001, 1002, 1003, etc).

I'd like the ability to rename these tiles, or alternately add a textual name value to appear next to the tile number. This would provide a nice usability benefit to remember what the purpose/use of each tile is.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sub categories for materials

I don't want to have all my materials in a single collection. I want to be able to keep my own materials and variations in a separate folder from the default ones, and be able to put downloaded materials in their own folders..

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ID color picker location

When you rebake your maps after reimporting a corrected mesh the colors of the ID map changes. This cause all the layers that used color selection to break.
    If the pick color remembered where you did your pick color it could update easily all the colors for the masks.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To be able to store baked maps on disk (not inside the substance file)

I'm working on a asset that has almost 40 udims. When I bake the utility maps needed for all those udims (some needing 8k) my file size increases to 20GB+ because all the maps are stored in the substance file.

I'd suggest an option in the preferences where one could choose a seperate location for those maps so every substance (and autosave) doesn't have to be so large.

This would save time on saves and autosaves (right now it's taking 3+ minutes on a 20+ GB file) and would also make me save the file more often, which reduces time…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better support for non square textures.

Substance Painters UV viewport is 1X1 texturespace.

So when working with non square textures you need to stretch the UV to cover 1X1 space.

Due to this Painter works from a stretched UV and that will stretch the textures placed on it.

A good example on problems you can get is when your trying to add a checker pattern to a UV'd sleeve on a shirt, in a bent arm position. Its a complicated shape, with folds and with a bend in the middle. So not always possible to keep it orientated horizontal or vertical.

Because of this your not…

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Python API - UV Tiles workflow

Hi, there is currently nothing insinde Python API documentation to handle UV Tiles !
    We can handle channel pretty well but not having anything for UV Tiles makes it quite useless.
    For example resolution is now depending on 2 factors : Texture Sets and UV Tiles

And more general thing it would be great if the API could be updated with more stuff, it is very limited for now ! Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to create mask with geometry name

In guerilla render you can use a node and regex to select piece of geometry you want to assign things.
    Imagine like a fill layer but instead of color or anchor point, you can select "geometry name", and thus, if you named ahead your geo, you can type "steel", "nuts", and it will create a b&w map with your regex selected geo in white and else black.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Render in Iray looks like not not using NVIDIA DLSS

Is Iray using NVIDIA DLSS?
    Looks very noisy and I wish that DLSS is activated.
    Because with RTX 3090 is almost taking the same amount of time as my old GTX 1080Ti.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ost file transfer to pst

As we all know that Outlook is one of the most popular desktop email clients and is presented with an easy interface, it is highly rated in the market nowadays.

There are many ways to get the offline storage file I.e. The ost file transfers to a PST file. The SysInspire OST to PST converter application is known to be the useful tool to convert the OST files to PST format.

The steps to be followed to transfer the OST files to PST using SysInspire OST to PST converter.

Download SysInspire OST to PST Converter Software from the official website. …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recover deleted messages from ost files

SysInspire OST to PST Converter software guarantees users to recover the deleted messages from the ost file and then get it converted into various kinds of formats such as- PST, EMLX, EML, HTML, MSG, MBOX, ICS, vCard, CSV format. Also, the emails along with its attachments like the cc, bcc, from, to, etc. can be inferred easily.

After recovery of the deleted messages from the ost file, you can go for the conversion of the ost file to PST to prevent further corruption and simultaneously prevent the ost files from facing any critical aspect.

Step 1: Run SysInspire OST to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How to convert EDB file to PST file

Well choosing smart software to convert EDB to PST file type is a nice choice. But, as their many tools available go for the highest positively reviewed software. eSoftTools EDB file Converter Software is of such a tool and will not disappoint even if the data file is corrupted or damaged. It can pull out the data from the mailbox and then view it without any limitation in a readable layout. Also, the user can even select the required stuff from the mailbox through the checkbox. All components of the mailbox can be migrated in many different file varieties such…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore exchange mailbox from ost file

Unfortunately, there are situations when your OST files might get destroyed or you unintentionally erase the file and all the data becomes inaccessible.
    One of the most renowned tools to restore the exchange mailbox from the ost file is the SysInspire OST File Recovery tool.

This tool has many inbuilt features like it can repair and recover data from highly corrupted OST files and simultaneously it is designed advanced to get back all your emails which have been deleted from OST files.

You can even save the recovered data in the various other file formats like PST, MBOX, MSG and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Exchange 2010 EDB to PST Converter

Are you facing problems related to EDB corruption? Then simply try eSoftTools Exchange 2010 EDB to PST Converter and resolution all these issues and recover EDB file without making any changes in the format of the file. Every single email is saved with all its related properties such as bcc, cc, to, from, subject, attachments, images, and similar others. A free demo version is also offered to all users and allows restoration of any version of EDB without installing Exchange Server. A free demo edition is also offered to all users with compatibility to all editions of Exchange Server and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Baking ID map from UV islands

Something I would really like is to be able to do is use UVs to generate the ID map. Often that is what I use to generate random vertex colors, so this would allow me to cut out that intermediate step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy paste / Drag and drop sub layers and mask layers.

We can already reorder sub layers... However, being able to copy and paste any sub layers/mask layers (filters, fills, levels) is kind of missing. Also, being able to drag and drop them from one layer (or mask layer) to another would be nice.

138 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base