Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Color Picker for Roughness/Height/Metal/Normal/AO

Color picker when painting rough/height/metal/normal/AO channels instead of slider only.
    It would be great to be able to pick the information seen in 3d viewport instead of always having to guess which float it could be that fits a certain greyscale/red/green/blue on the model, jus as it is possible with the basecolor information.
    This is what I´d like to be able to do: lets say I am looking at roughness or height channel. I want to pick a certain greyscale or red/green tone which i can see in my viewport to fit a certain roughness or height on a certain…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mouse and keyboard shortcut sets for Maya, MODO, Blender & Max

To make it easier for users of Maya, MODO, Blender & Max, in SP preferences have an option to switch between different mouse navigation and keyboard shortcut configurations that match those in the above mentioned 3D programs.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Height Map Factor controls

Height Map Factor control: Currently many of the bushes use Normal Factors so when you paint with Particle brush and the like you brush recognizes the differences in elevation. This however ONLY works if you import a normal. This means any of the new normal information you have created under Height map setting is not taken into account. It would be great to have a checkbox or a HeightFactor control. Currently the only way to fix this is to export your updated height map information, then reimport it and us this as your additional map. Then repeat the process as…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using a custom piece of geometry as a brush.

Imagine dragging a boulder across the surface of a tank or car. The brush (Custom geometry piece) would only affect the more exposed area of the model.
    Taking it further it would cool if I could simulate the dropping of objects on my model or dropping my model (That I'm painting on) on a rocky ground damaging it only in the very specific areas it touches the ground. II could simulate dropping a gun multiple times add damage and wear.
    Ultimately this would be an extension of the particle brush system.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Objects and Texture sets in Exploded View or a viewport transform gizmo to move objects around!

It would add to another level of control and Isolation and ability to tweak models after importing and during texturing!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pressure sensitivity support for iPad Pro and astropad

You can connect your iPad to your computer and use it as a graphics tablet similar to the Cintiq with an iOS app called "Astropad". With the new iPad Pro in combination with the apple pencil you now have pressure sensitivity, which the new version of astropad supports. The only desktop software i know that takes advantage of this pressure sensitivity being stream over is Adobe photoshop and blender. Can you look into adding support for this so we can paint with our iPad Pros and apple pencils! :)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy image/layer/maps to Clipboard, open file location in explorer.

To quickly look at maps closer in Photoshop, quickly make changes to maps or masks.

In Unity, I can right+click the texture I want to edit, choose open file and it automatically opens photoshop, I can make a couple edits, hit Ctrl+S and then go ahead and check the changes in Unity.

I would love to have that ability with maps and images in Substance Painter

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable/Disable Auto-Sourcing (Updating Files in the Shelf Live to Painter)

It looks like this was mentioned in a more specific sense detailing automatically refreshing bitmaps when they are modified instead of having to drag and drop them back in, but a feature like this would be extremely useful for every tab in Painter (Alphas, Procedurals, Brushes, Materials, Smart Materials, etc.) so that we don't have to relaunch painter anytime we put files inside of our shelf folder. For example, if I make several custom alphas and put them in the alphas folder within my shelf folder for Painter WHILE Painter is up and running, I have to relaunch painter for…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. vmt/vtf/texture export option for valve source

It's a less popular engine which doesn't support PBR but a few tweaks to shader settings can get you pretty close.
    Currently I go into photoshop to tweak the exported specular texture and then combine normal and specular maps ( on normal map's alpha channel). Then finally save it out as a VMT.
    I'd love to press export and get the diffuse, normal/specular textures in .vtf format plus a vmt text file that reflects the tweaks to the shader inside Painter.
    Many thanks.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scroll down automatically the layer stack when moving layers up or down

When moving layers or layer groups up or down the layer stack, the layers panel scroll bar should scroll up or down automatically to help this process.
    Thanks

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create and edit vector layer

The ability to create/edit a vector layer and import an svg.
    Like in substance designer (with anti-aliasing;))

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to import substances from Substance designer into Substance painter

I recently purchased both Substance designer and Substance painter. I would have expected that it would be extremely easy to import your custom substances from Designer into Painter, but currently it's not. At least not for me. I can't find a solution in the manual or in the forums, and whenever I choose Import substance in Substance Painter, the imported substance does not appear like it does in Designer. The normal map is disabled, and the substance does not appear in the Materials section (which I expected), but instead in the Stencils and Textures section. Very confusing. If I enable…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tiny brush cursor mode

Ideally under [Caps Lock], like in Photoshop.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base