Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Random alpha from selection, or image sequence on brush alpha to paint different shape leaves, feathers, rocks etc.

I would love to see the option of adding a random alpha that changes as you paint. (maybe from an image sequence, or dragging more than one alpha into the brush alpha slot).

Each painted stroke would choose a different alpha based on the alpha spacing.

For painting different shaped leaves, bird feathers etc.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IRay Renderer Profile Save

Let's say for this particular shot I rotate the environment; change the FOV; orbit the camera around, adjust after post effects and do other rendering effects. Great! I saved the rendered environment as an image file and move on towards the next planned shot of course changing the rendering settings.

But then there's a minor tweak I have to adjust in the previous render shot and to go back to that previous shot I have to adjust my render settings to match or closely match it. That's a lot of work.

Which is why I think it would be a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Batch baking multiple sets

Right now we can either bake a single set or all sets.

Please can we have the ability to bake more than 1 and less than all sets at the same time.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock rotation of the 2D window.

Please provide an onscreen toggle to enable/disable rotation of the 2D UV window.

While the ability to rotate the UV view can be useful, this user only ever rotates it by accident, and then has to interrupt working to rotate it back again.

So please, allow us to lock the UV rotation.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pen Pressure button

Pen Pressure button has 2 option : No pressure and Pen Pressure and I have to switch by Press + select option. My question: Why do we have to press + select option while it's only 2 options ?? Why don't we set default as No pressure and Active Pen Pressure when we need ???

As Photoshop, you need Pressure ??? just Enable Air_brush button.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. double click to change normal map/hard surface stamp

It would be handy if double-clicking the hard surface normal map stamps would change to the one you double click on, similar to how double-clicking an alpha would change to the newly-clicked on alpha. Currently you need to drag the normal map stamp into the normals slot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow importing into custom or new shelf

Allow to import resources into existing preset shelves or a new shelf right within the import window.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. brush / stamp align option

on the existing stamp > hold Ctrl + Shift then drag mouse > stamp to add an option to stamp once, so we can align stamps since symmetry doesn't work on multiple objects in one obj / fbx file when doing painting details

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export High Res Masks

It seems you can only export masks that are of the current documents' size. This is a bummer if you need to work with something higher than 4K outside of SP. When you right click and "export mask to file" there should be an option for resolution.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. transformation tool

It would be nice to be able to move and rotate a mesh inside the Substance Painter scene, like in other 3D program. This way, we could paint in area that has close meshes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hotkeys for Alpha Hardness

Hello! It would be great to make two hotkeys to increase and decrease alpha hardness. On Paint Properties. For example, with a step of changing the value of 0.1.
    Then you can not touch the mouse and do not search and press the side buttons on the stylus. Very useful. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a search field for layers

A small field similar to the one for textures, it would help artists with finding layers by highlighting and ease work between people involved in the same project. Not to mention proper naming will make even more sense.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move/rotate a layer like photoshop move tool

Since designer has the 3D planar projection node that takes world normal and position as sample of the location of the mesh Im thinking if it is possible for painter user to have move layer tool just like photoshop does for painted layers. So then user may have an option of traditional texturing method where we reference and photoprojecting textures onto the UV (or 3D view) then move and rotate them to fit into the spot.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Baking View Window

So after using Substance Designer 2018 and getting spoiled by the 2D view of the baking tools, I would love to see this in Substance Painter just to allow me to tweak the maps until they look good and i will allow me to stop the bake and change my settings.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smart objects / Clipping masks

It will be great that we will be allow to for example masking filters inside filters, like adding transform to Mask Builder, then adding another filter which won't affect the specific "smart object".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trail Brush

The Problem with Substance's follow path brush, is it just recalculates the next alpha placement according to the direction of the stroke.

It would be nice to see a trail option, that actively deforms the Alpha and Material as you stroke, so you can paint with longer format Alphas and maintain a clean stroke. Similar to how 3D sculpting applications calculate the stroke.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Projection and Stencil Rotate - Adjustable Pivot Point

(similar to other requests, but just this one particular part)
    It would be really useful to be able to define the rotation point when painting in projection mode.

It's a real pain to be all zoomed into some edge/corner detail on my projection image and want to rotate it a bit. Either I have to rotate it probably off-screen and have to guess if it's rotated the correct amount, or zoom out so I can see it as I rotate, but have it be at the wrong scale and postion.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hotkeys for brush type.

I have my favorite brushes, and i want be able to bind my hotkeys to speed up the work. For example: Default Soft brush-"Alt+D", Dirt 1-"Alt+A", Scratches 4-"Alt+S" etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Buttons (values 0.0000) / functionality

since the lack of design/functionality in buttons is obvious,
    would really help to be able to move freely not by stepped units

currently UV scale, UV offset, UV rotation move by "X" value
    (0.0X00) instead of starting from the lowest possible option (0.000X)

for example keep the snapping active but when press "shift" or some other key you are able to move softly

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export only selected maps from a preset

Currently, if you want to export a preset you have to export all of the maps in the preset, which is helpful if you are going for a complete export. However when editing only BaseColor to look better in other software it would be helpful not to have all to export all of the maps from the preset, but just selected ones. I know that this can be achieved with multiple export presets and just switch between them, however, it creates an unnecessary amount of presets in the list. What do you think?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base