Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Substance by Adobe
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It can't paint the texture out of the model region.

you can see on this screenshot, I just need a little bit of the brush and the brush circle is out of the model rigion then I can't paint it. how I can finish this step?

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. i would love to start working with substance painter but im hopelessly lost

my email is geniusthemaster@yahoo.com and

i cant seem to get started in substance painter.

i get lost in the sea of buttons.

i would like to import a mesh and paint upon the surface and make a skin for many peices of art but i dont know where to start, or end |o.o| .

if someone could upload a video of how to do all these steps in a short video i would appreciate it so much

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apply Smart Material to multiple TextureSets

Apply Smart Material to multiple TextureSets

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Native SSS Channel and/or SSS Shader

Please add native support for SSS and translucent shading in Painter. More and more film studios are starting to use Painter, and game studios are incorporating SSS look into their assets more and more. I should be able to paint SSS amount and color channels and a way to get real-time preview in the viewport as I paint and adjust SSS channels. If you can Epidermal, Subdermal and Deep layers even better.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Link" - "Instance" - "Reference" or "Anchor" same Smart Material into multiple Texture Sets

It would be great if we could make a reference of a Folder or Smart Material into multiple texture sets. That way you could change aspects of the material "globally" and break the connection on specific parts of the Shader if necessary. Right now I have to manually copy and paste same material over several Texture Sets.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UDIM mesh select

My suggestion is that you can ctrl+ click a mesh element and go to that udim automatically, it saves time and makes for maximum efficiently.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Substance Painter - must be able to create textures outside the 3D model. For example Open an empty image file in the program and create a

Substance Painter - must be able to create textures outside the 3D model. For example Open an empty image file in the program and create a texture in it using the filters built into the program.

The ability to create textures at the request of the artist a pixel in pixel conceived and not what happens.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Workflow Configurations

Every time I create a new project or export textures or some other things, I have to start from scratch to tell SP what and where.

I'd like to have my personal configuration files for specific types of projects and textures.

In the new projects option in the file menu, I'd like to create several standard configurations for importing a new project. I always want OpenGL for normal, I always want my textures downloaded to my standard "project" folder and I always want the texture configuration to be for Blender Cycles PBR (one I created), I always want transparency on…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Command Line Exporting

To add Substance Painter to the farm we need to specify these options via the command line:
    - project to load
    - texture set(s) to export
    - export preset to use
    - textures in the preset to export

The goal for us is to take the 1h+ export time and split it among 20 computers each exporting a single texture (normal, diffuse, etc) for a single UDIM.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. manual move symmetry plane

the characters or objects i work on at work are almost NEVER symmetrical. maybe the head would be and nothing else. i have to then paint each side of the face manually. this is a HUGE pain, PLEASE let us manually move the symmetry plane. 3dcoat has great options for this. just let us move the symmetry plane. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expose the camera transform values

To render an object I like to have the camera at a set distance and angle, and that is just not possible... we have to keep rotating the camera in free mode hoping to get it right ... well, it'd be very nice to be able to just write the angle and the position in a transform panel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. more votes

We need more votes!!!. I use SP every day now and there are LOT of various issues i want to vote on and cannot. I understand why the votes are limited, but couldn't they go up a few over time or something? ie - for subscription holders of more than 3 months or 6 months or a year add a vote or three. Just because you haven't moved on a suggestion yet Allegorithmic, does not mean that older suggestions are no longer valid. Why should I have to choose to unvote for a long standing item when something equally valid…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move Tool

It is a bit difficult to precisely move fill/paint layers.
    The only way is to enter a value in a field.
    It would be nice to have a Move tool that acts globally, in every situation.
    For example, I think that such a tool should be able to access the matrices of transform nodes of substances made in Designer.
    This way the Move tool will be able to work with filters/generators as well.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. change the name of the material inside of painter without reimporting the mesh

As an outsource partner i run into this a lot, I get files that have to be integrated and the material name isn't always what it is supposed to be, and sometimes the material name changes in the middle of the texturing process which causes me to spend a couple of hours manually renaming tifs, psd, etc, and at that point reimporting the mesh with the proper material name is just not possible.

SO! my suggestion is that you are able to change the material name inside of painter without reimporting the mesh. this would allow tifs psd etc. to…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can substance developers add a alpha channel?

Hi, i was wondering can substance developers add a alpha channel, for example, when using some of the alpha textures, like the pipe greebles when stamping them to a object mesh, the pipe greebles will look better if it had a alpha channel, then i can see just, the pipes and not the mesh. I have a video presentation, to show the example. thank you for time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Modify the transform of fill layers in the UV view

Modify the transform of fill layers in the UV view like it is possible for the Transform 2D node in Substance Designer. This way it would be much easier to place decals or adjusting a layer.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rename "Add paint" modifiers.

I often end up adding several "Paint" layers to my masks and it would be so much easier if we could rename these. For example if I make dirt I do this in several paint layers. But now they are all called paint, which can be very confusing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. horizontal vertical

Ability to draw constrained horizontal/vertical lines.

Straight lines is a great feature but if I don't get it perfectly straight, the results are obvious especially when working with lower resolution artwork.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base