Integrations

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. (Unity) Enable changing inputs and generating textures at runtime

The Unity Substance plugin doesn't have the ability to supply a custom input at runtime or generate textures during runtime. This could be an extremely powerful feature for custom content per user, we sincerely hope to see this change in the future.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Unity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Installed Substance plugin, no menu for it in Max

After updating the integration plugin, I do not see any Substance at the top main menu !
    I´ve tried already to reset the workspace to default with no success!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3ds max  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clarisse integration

Clarisse is a major lookDev, layout and rendering tool popular among both studios and freelancers. It’s surprising Allegorithmic/Adobe still hasn’t made a Substance plug-in for this application.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please bring the same beautiful update to Cinema 4D that you just brought to Maya

I'm hoping that the features found in this post ( https://www.substance3d.com/blog/substance-maya-rendering-future ) will make their way into Cinema 4D as well. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open substance source window rebind shortcut in Unity editor.

Currently there is no way to configure the shortcut that opens substance source. This means that it keeps popping up when I'm testing my game in the editor. (Shift-Alt-S)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SBSAR thumbnail for windows!

I'd love to have a mini thumbnail on my .sbsar files, so I can use the explorer as a material library, instead of them showing the default substance-player icon.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A 3D tool that is the exact copy of Painter but for creating 3D assets creation (A new 3D editor)

This new software is like Painter but instead of materials, has shaped. Instead of colour textures has displacement deformation for modelling. You can sculpt using mask and layers. In the layer panel, there can be the boolean combination as well as the actual ones like multiplication, subtraction, etc... Making 3d modelling procedurally, in the same way, is Painter. Similar to painting in 3D using a brush (Zbrush) but each element contains ready-made UV in it. An effect like in Painter can sculpt. And it can contain curved displacement content that came out from Substance Designer that amplifies their shape. That…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Substance Plugin support for Unity WebGL

Supporting Substance Designer plugin for WebGL builds from Unity will improve interoperability of multi-platform apps while simultaneously improving performance. This support would go a long way for extending Substance Designer to other markets and industries currently untapped.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Non-destructive slider-usage preview for SP and SD

At the moment the value is changed irreversibly as soon as you move a slider in the menus/windows of your software. What I would like is to have the possibility to reset the slider value with the RMB to the previous value whens LMB is still pressed. Okay, with CTRL-Z you can also reset the value, but this will reset the value to the last stored value, which is fine for me, but values in between will be ignored. Anyway, this function also exists in other 3D software and I would be happy if you would offer this function as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3DS Max 2020 plugin support as advertised

The listing on the Allegorithmic site for the 3DS Max plugin states that it supports Max 2018-2020. I have 2020. (In fact, anyone on a subscription would have it, as it's currently the default version). I can't get the plugin to work in 2020. What do I do about that?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Palette gear, Loupedeck and similar hardware physical imputs

Whether it is for substance Designer, Painter or Alchemist there are so many dials to tweaks within the software to justify the use of these physical buttons enabling us to work both faster along with more precision.

I would see the use of it absolutely everywhere. Either withing some node settings or even attaching them to some exposed parameters that would be a perfect fit.

It has already been compatible to a lot of Adobe products and that would make our work much more comfortable than the current limited peripherals that we have today.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Godot Substance Engine Integration

Similar implementation for the open source game engine 'Godot' (Quickly picking up traction this year) as there is for Unity, UE4 and such.
    Thanks to the MIT License Godot is under there would be no such license issues as with copy-left licensed opensource projects (such as B3d)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNeTHHTDYso The latest demo by the devs illustrates the upgraded graphical possibilities in ver. 3
    With Substances integrated directly in engine great things could be achieved in combination with the new render pipeline.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ACES colorSpace Exr Export format

Can you integrate a option to export EXR directly in ACES colorSpace format?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maya  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Groups UX

The way groups and group item is displayed in a substance's instance is bad. The group title label is smaller font than the group items and the indentation is also bad, the group items should be more indented than the group title. It can get confusing when you have a lot of groups and group items.

See attachement for explanation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UE4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vray

A button in the maya substance plug-in that builds and then updates a vray shading material network with the associated maps from the .sbsar file and give the user the ability to direct the paths of those associated maps to a network location so that network connected render nodes can access them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maya  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Godot Substance Painter Live Link

Similar implementation for the open source game engine 'Godot' (Quickly picking up traction this year) as there is for Unity, UE4 and such.
    Thanks to the MIT License Godot is under there would be no such license issues as with copy-left licensed opensource projects (such as B3d)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNeTHHTDYso The latest demo by the devs illustrates the upgraded graphical possibilities in ver. 3
    Live Link to Painter would be great for hero asset/character work.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Texture streaming for textures generated by substance inside UE4

That's it.
    Integrate the textures generated by each substance factory into UE4's texture streaming system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UE4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CAD IGES Importer, UV unwrapping and converter to FBX

CAD, Alias, Rhino3d, SolidWorks, CATIA, and other NURBS proffesional 3D software do not export in triangles. Are much better tools than Blender and Maya becuse make good reflection surfaces and has more control on the surface but do not creates triangles FBX.
    We need a CAD IGES Importer and convert to FBX. That alowed to make UV unwrapping, flattening/unrolling of all UV meshes and tree merge fixing of the objects. To be rebuilt the 3D object to triangle meshes. So that we can use better assets inside Substance Painter and then return back to that particular software or send it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. WebGL integration

Using Emscripten to integrate substance engine for WebGL. This will allow to use Substance Engine for browser game on desktop but also on mobile where the little size of the subtances could be a huge advantage for streaming assets.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Packed channels outputs auto-connect to materials in UE4 (RGB as AO, Roughness..)

This is a huge optimization for UE4 materials from SD published files. Basically, if I want to create instances from the same material in UE4 I'll need to reconnect all outputs again for each instance of the same Substance factory file.

You can see it in here:
    https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=12944.0

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Integrations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base